jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: my managers are against jackrabbit
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 11:19:51 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 2:12 PM, Seidel. Robert <Robert.Seidel@aeb.de> wrote:
> It starts quite well, but after storing a couple of nodes (10.000 or so), the speed
> drastically decreases.

Let me guess, you're storing all nodes under the same parent node? See
the second question in http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Performance.

>>> o    If the database crashes, then everything is lost - you have to recover
from
>>> database backup and store the work of the day again
>
>> You can use clustering for high availability.
>
> But it doesn't help, if the central database crashes, that all nodes are using
> (bundled database persistence manager).

The central database should also be clustered.

> I've tested using only one random ASCII String with 5 characters and about 10 other
> properties per node with exactly the same values (some small strings) and the index
> (repository and workspace together) was about 50 MB for 20000 nodes.

That's about 2-3kB per node, which seems reasonable especially if they
are versionable (i.e. the version history is also indexed).

BR,

Jukka Zitting