jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: Spring configuration?
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 12:29:01 GMT
Hi,

> Well, I want to use a FileSystem which is configured via Spring

What is your use case? Why do you want to use a FileSystem which is
configured via Spring? Why do you need to use your own FileSystem
implementation?

> When is JackRabbit 3 likely to be finalized?

I'm afraid it will take quite a while until it contains as much
features as the current Jackrabbit.

> How will it manage data storage?

That's not yet completely decided. Most likely it will have less
storage components. Possibly everything will be stored in one place by
default. That means no external / separate data store, no Lucene index
(again, by default), no configuration file, and no FileSystem or
similar mechanism. Everything stored in one (SQL- or NoSQL-) storage.
My guess is that the first storage implementation will be JDBC.

> Can I see it now?

What we have is a prototype I wrote a while ago, but it's far from
being usable or complete. Unfortunately I didn't have time to work on
it for quite some time now:
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/MicroKernelPrototype

> Is it documented? (If it is, that's a first for JCR... :)

In my view, the JCR specification is well written. Jackrabbit
documentation is here: http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/FrontPage -
if anything is missing please let us know

Regards,
Thomas