jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Luis Muniz <neur0ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Strange behaviour when deleting and Item in jackrabbit 1.5.6
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2010 01:05:24 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to delete a Node, and following the API documentation, I need to
call remove() on the Node, and then save() on the parent of the Node.

When I then view the repository with a webdav client, I can still see the
'deleted' node under the parent.

But the strange thing is that If I try to find the node via XPath, once it
has been deleted in this way, I can't find it.

So the delete operation did work in the sense that the Node cannot be found
by XPath anymore, but the Parent Node still lists it as its children.

Am I missing anything?

Technical details:

I am using the jcr spring module, and this is my configuration:

My transactionManager is a
org.springmodules.jcr.jackrabbit.LocalTransactionManager

My DataStore is a org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.FileDataStore

I'll be happy to provide any additional information.

Could anyone explain what it is that I am doing wrong, or how I can work
around this?

Thank you,

Luis