jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no>
Subject Re: Adding new nodes to a cluster
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 07:59:03 GMT
On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Justin Edelson <justinedelson@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/14/10 6:01 AM, Vidar Ramdal wrote:
>> Yes, I know the cluster node ID in repository.xml - but is that the
>> only place the ID is held?
>>
> It can also be an a system property
> (org.apache.jackrabbit.core.cluster.node_id). Not sure what happens when
> it is defined in both repository.xml and the system property (I would
> hope the system property takes precedence, but I'm not sure this is the
> case).

Looking at the source code
(o.a.j.c.cluster.ClusterNode#getClusterNodeId()), it seems the
repository.xml settings takes presedence.

But as Erik said earlier in the thread, we found that we also had to
manually alter the LOCAL_REVISIONS table to make it work properly.

--
Vidar S. Ramdal <vidar@idium.no> - http://www.idium.no
Sommerrogata 13-15, N-0255 Oslo, Norway