jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: choosing a WebdavServlet implementation
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 12:28:07 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 8:19 AM, Kevin Jansz <kevin.jansz@exari.com> wrote:
> The org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.JCRWebdavServerServlet seems to expose
> the full details of the resources but not in the way I'd expect - eg
> can't seem to get the content via GET file_path or GET
> file_path/jcr:content.

See http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-jcr-server.html and the
attached JCR_Webdav_Protocol.doc file for a detailed description of
the JCRWebdavServerServlet functionality.

> Is the idea that developers use SimpleWebdavServlet &
> JCRWebdavServerServlet as the basis for building their own
> implementation to their requirements (extending
> AbstractWebdavServlet?).

Depends on your needs. For simple extensions you should be using the
IOHandler mechanism defined in the jackrabbit-jcr-server component.

BR,

Jukka Zitting