jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject Re: Question about clustering
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2010 00:07:35 GMT
You will need to configure it as a cluster node since the modifications that it makes will
need to flow through to the local search index state on your production node. If its not part
of the cluster then the JSR Queries will be operating on a lucene index out of sync with the
database state.

There should be no problem in running your third node while the other two are running in production
(unless the data changes are conflicting with production)

HTH
Ian
On 10 Sep 2010, at 05:52, Juan Diego Botiva Leon wrote:

> Hi!
>
> We have a cluster with two jackrabbit nodes in our production environment and we need
to do some offline modification in the stored data, we want to take the application servers
down an run a java program to modify the data, my question is: do we have to configure the
java program as a third node in the cluster or we can leave it as if there were no cluster
at all and run the program? Thanks in advance.