jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject Re: Adding new nodes to a cluster
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 09:55:00 GMT

On 14 Sep 2010, at 19:41, Ard Schrijvers wrote:

>> 1. Take a complete snapshot (disk image) of one of the live nodes -
>> including the Lucene index
>
> Although I am not to familiar with the clustered setup (others at my
> company are), I know that this is not possible unfortunately. The
> problem is that the most recent Lucene index is an in-memory one. You
> cannot get correct snapshots from the index. It is something I'd love
> to get improved in some time in Jackrabbit.

OMG, Ard,  no, really, did that come in with Jackrabbit 2 or was it also the case in JR1.x
?
Is there anyway to get it pushed to disk when a snapshot is required.
We  (also) have a requirement to run in a cluster and we cant a) hold a journal going back
to 0, that would soon be impractical and b) cant take nodes offline to snapshot

Well we could do (b) but it would be very bad politically.

Ian