jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Dennis van der Laan <d.g.van.der.l...@rug.nl>
Subject Lucene consistency in clustered environment
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2010 11:11:50 GMT
 Hi all,

We are using Jackrabbit 1.6.1 in a production environment. It is
clustered across 6 machines, which all store the Lucene indexes on a
local disk. After using this setup for a couple of months, we are seeing
the Lucene indexes differ per machine. Not only the size of the indexes,
but some documents seem to be indexed on one machine, but not on another
machine. So doing a full-text search (xpath with a ' contains' clause)
will have different results depending on the machine the query is run on.
I am a complete Lucene novice, so my question is: is this
non-deterministic behaviour a characteristic of Lucene (and should we
rebuild all indexes on a regular basis to keep them in sync) or is
something going wrong here?

Thanks for any help!
Beste regards,

Dennis van der Laan, MSc