jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "Node added" event type filter applies to parent node
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 16:34:17 GMT
Vidar Ramdal  wrote
> I'm adding nodes to a parent node. The parent node has
> nt:primaryType=sling:OrderedFolder, while the child node I'm adding
> has nt:primaryType=slingevent:Event.
>
> Now, I have an event listener set up to receive NODE_ADDED events with
> nodetype slingevent:Event.
>
> The event listener is never invoked, but I can see that an event is
> being triggered, by having a breakpoing in
> o.a.j.c.observation.EventConsumer.
>
> Upon investigating, it seems the event is filtered out, because it
> reports the node type of the parent node (sling:OrderedFolder) instead
> of the node type of the child node being added (slingevent:Event). Is
> this the expected behaviour?

Funnily I stumbled across the same problem last week - actually the
behaviour is correct. The spec states that the node type of the parent
item is checked - in case of node added/removed events, this is the
parent node.
I think this limits its usage but its the spec...

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org