jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Dominik Klaholt <do...@mail.upb.de>
Subject Re: Example project showing Issue JCR-2701
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 20:14:47 GMT
If there is need to stress the importance of the JCA package, I'd like
to add that it allows to write considerably cleaner code when working
with container managed transactions. I just don't want to 'manually'
enlist the XA resources to the transactions all the time... :-)
... *also looking forward to seeing some patches for the JCA package*...

Am 08.09.2010 21:10, schrieb Cory Prowse:
> Firstly because it neatly separates the JCR dependencies from the deployed application
(no Jackrabbit files at all in the EAR/WAR, just the JCR API jar).

> Secondly, it separates all of the configuration of JCR away from the application and
into the application server (aka deployment time).  The application has no requirement to
know about anything but the single JNDI resource.

> Thirdly, it allows for easier management and monitoring of the JCR resource (ie: monitor
the thread pool etc... allowing to see what the JCR resource utilises separate to the application
that uses it, so you can see the separate CPU/Memory/Network usage of the JCR to the application
- much more useful than the CPU/Memory/etc.. of the application and JCR bundled into one -
or at least making it a lot more difficult to report on the separate stats).

> Lastly, it's the "vibe".  ;)
>
> These were only the first that came to mind, there could be more.
>
>   -- Cory
>
> On 09/09/2010, at 4:46 AM, Justin Edelson wrote:
>

>> Cory-
>> Just curious... why is the JCA packaging so attractive to you?
>>
>> Justin
>>
>> On Sep 8, 2010, at 1:32 PM, Cory Prowse<cory@prowse.com>  wrote:
>>

>>> Firstly, apologies for the duplicate email (bad network connection atm).
>>>
>>> I'll have a crack at it in a week or so, will probably pester the list for insights
into code (or should I send to dev list? it seems to be mostly SCM commits).