jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Christina Kaskoura <Christina.Kasko...@eurodyn.com>
Subject Re: Names of db tables created by jackrabbit
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 10:00:28 GMT
James Abley wrote:
> On 6 September 2010 09:09, Christina Kaskoura <
> Christina.Kaskoura@eurodyn.com> wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I am using jackrabbit with a MySQL db and I noticed that while in Windows
>> the names of the tables created by jackrabbit in the db are all lower case,
>> in MacOS some table names are upper case while others are lower case. From a
>> functionality point of view there is no problem with that, since there are
>> no errors resulting from this difference in table names, but I would like to
>> have all the tables in lower case for consistency reasons.
>> Does anyone know why this happens and if there is a way to control the case
>> of the table names?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Christina
>>

> MySQL config - this is probably due to having a case-sensitive filesystem.
> From a backup and restore perspective, it may be easier to use the same
> names in all environments.
>
> You can configure MySQL to lower-case all table names.
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/identifier-case-sensitivity.html
>
> Cheers,
>
> James

Hello James.
Thanks for your answer. It's true that I can use this property in MySQL,
however I was wondering if there is a way to control the case of the
table names from the jackrabbit end, so that it can be ported to any
database, even in ones which may not have a relative property. Is there
a specific reason why jackrabbit uses this casing in the table names?
Christina