jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Justin Edelson <justinedel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creating a new node Type
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2010 14:12:22 GMT
On 9/3/10 9:04 AM, sriraj paul wrote:
> What is th jndi URL for jackrabbit?
I believe this is something you configure at deployment time. For
example, see http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JackrabbitOnJBoss

>> You can only create new node types by accessing the repository in-process, not
>
>> by RMI or WebDAV.
> Is it like creating new node types using RMI or WebDAV will be implemented later
> or it is only allowed in-process by specification?
I'm not aware on any prohibition on supporting node type registration
remotely. I'm sure if you provided a patch (especially for DavEx) it
would be appreciated.

Justin

> ________________________________

>>> ndt.setName("myfile");
>>> ndt.setDeclaredSuperTypeNames(str);
>>> nodeTypeManager.registerNodeType(ndt, false);
>>>

>>> The function call createNodeTypeTemplate();  is giving the exception
>>> Exceptionin
>>>
>>> thread "main" javax.jcr.UnsupportedRepositoryOperationException: TODO:
>>> JCRRMI-26at
>>>
> org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.ClientNodeTypeManager.createNodeTypeTemplate(
>>> at Test.main(ClientNodeTypeManager.java:104)Test.java:305)
>>>
>>> I am using jackrabbit-standalone-2.1.1.jar got from
>>> http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html as the jcr client library.  Is
>>> there
>>>
>>> some jcr client library that implements all the jcr api's.
>>>
>>> I also tried
>>>   InputStream is=
>>> Reader cnd =
>>> NodeType[] nodeTypes =
>>> CndImporter.registerNodeTypes(cnd,session);newFileInputStream("C:\\file.cnd");newInputStreamReader(is);
>>> ;
>>> ;
>>>

>>>   This is also giving exception on the function call
>>> CndImporter.registerNodeTypes(cnd,session).Exceptionin thread "main"
>>> org.apache.jackrabbit.commons.cnd.ParseException:
>>> javax.jcr.UnsupportedRepositoryOperationException: TODO: JCRRMI-26 (cnd input