jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From aimran <aimra...@gmail.com>
Subject Help with JCR 2 access control
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 18:25:10 GMT

It seems, there is very sparse information about one of the key features
[access control] of Jackrabbit 2. I started with the expectation that
setting policies should be easy, but after browsing through the lists and
documentation, I am still pounding my head.

So, I use start a repository and want to set access control on a node so
that some users can view it and some cannot.

My repository.xml has the security configuration:
<SecurityManager class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.DefaultSecurityManager"
workspaceName="default">
        </SecurityManager>

        <AccessManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.simple.SimpleAccessManager">
        </AccessManager>

        <LoginModule
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.simple.SimpleLoginModule">

        </LoginModule>

The code that tests the access control capability:
Session session = null;
        try {
            session = Main.getInstance().getSession("admin",
"admin","default");//get session to the default workspace
            Node n = session.getRootNode().addNode("base");
            session.save();
          print(session.getRootNode());

System.out.println("ACL:"+session.getAccessControlManager().getApplicablePolicies(session.getRootNode().getPath()).getSize());
            //RepoUtil.print(session.getRootNode());
            //Main.getInstance().createWorkSpace(session, "community1",
"user1@test.com");
        } catch (Exception ex) {
            // ex.printStackTrace();
            System.out.println("EXPN1:" + ex);
        }

The getApplicablePolicies return 0. So how do I set access control on  the
node?

The printing of the root node looks like this:
[/(jcr:primaryType = rep:root)]
[/jcr:system
[/base(jcr:primaryType = nt:unstructured)]

I must surely be missing something very obvious.