jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Neil Corbet <ncor...@towerhillservices.com>
Subject Re: Getting rid of Open-Scoped Locks without LockToken - Timeout?
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2010 17:33:40 GMT
Dominik Klaholt <dokla <at> mail.upb.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I just wondered: What can I do if my application breaks in such an
> inconvenient way (e.g. hardware failure, or overlooked bug), that an
> open-scoped lock stays active? It seems, that locks do not time-out - is
> there any way to get rid of locks without having the corresponding
> LockToken? Or will I never be able to acquire write access again?
>
> Thanks
> Dominik

Dominik,
  I asked a similar question in the past to no avail. Looking through
the code, I think it gets the nodes itemID and then does some
extra-magic on it to create the token. I think you could re-create
this code. I think jackrabbit 2.0 makes it a little easier.
But, I am curious what others do about this problem. So, I am
giving this question a little bump with a reply. :)

Neil