jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Slavek Tecl <kin...@hotmail.com>
Subject Searching for binary values
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2010 15:06:41 GMT

I'm looking for a clarification how the query is processed in my customized jackrabbit instance.
In my case the NodeIndexer is subclassed so it can add the binary value to the indexed Document
even if it does not have nt:resource type. Then Tika has been customized with my mimetype
so the parser is able to recognize the binary stream through it's magic and of course the
tika's Parser object was implemented to support the custom binary stream to extract words
from it.If I run a query on nt:resource nodes it correctly returns files including the searched
word as expected but when I invoke a similar query on a binary property (and the content of
this binary property is exactly the type of the stream Tika can parse) it does not return
anything - is there a way out?