jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ross.Dy...@ipaustralia.gov.au
Subject Rebuilding the lucene index [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2010 06:18:32 GMT
Hi all

After having some problems with Lucene trying to create more than 100,000
subdirs under the index directory, and trying to rebuild the indexes but
then having troubles that workspace.xml was deleted and blah blah, (try to
avoid doing anything under pressure) I thought I would have a practise on
my development machine.

I am using the 2.1 rar file deployed on weblogic 10.  I am using a very
default installation, without clustering.

I stopped the server, deleted the workspaces/default/index directory and
restarted the server.  The re-index occurs in the startup thread, so my
weblogic has not restarted yet.

My production environment has many documents, and several systems deployed
per server.  There will be trouble if I try to stop those other systems
for a couple days while I re-index.

1) Am I likely to get the problem of 100K subdirs blowing up my system,
when I get my test data reinstated (loader runs for a week)
2) Is there a way to re-index that will not cost me some body parts?

Thanks

Ross.