jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Carl Hall <c...@hallwaytech.com>
Subject Clustering
Date Sat, 14 Aug 2010 13:10:07 GMT
I've been able to cluster JackRabbit backed by Oracle but I have a question
about something I've observed.  In getting things setup, using this [1]
config, the first node (against a clean Oracle schema) always comes up
clean.  The second and subsequent nodes startup with a lot of these errors:

14.08.2010 09:04:17.504 *ERROR* [Repository Pinger]
org.apache.sling.jcr.jackrabbit.server acquireRepository: Repository problem
starting repository from file:/home/chall/sling/jackrabbit/repository.xml in
/home/chall/sling/jackrabbit (javax.jcr.RepositoryException: failed to
instantiate shared item state manager) javax.jcr.RepositoryException: failed
to instantiate shared item state manager
 at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl$WorkspaceInfo.doInitialize(RepositoryImpl.java:2052)
at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl$WorkspaceInfo.initialize(RepositoryImpl.java:1997)
 at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.initStartupWorkspaces(RepositoryImpl.java:535)
at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.<init>(RepositoryImpl.java:366)
 at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.create(RepositoryImpl.java:673)
at
org.apache.sling.jcr.jackrabbit.server.impl.SlingServerRepository.acquireRepository(SlingServerRepository.java:141)
Caused by: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.ItemStateException: failed to
write bundle: cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe
Caused by: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.ItemStateException: failed to
write bundle: cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00001: unique constraint
(SAWG_SSO_CLUSTER.DEFAULT_BUNDLE_IDX) violated

To get around this, I copy the repository directory from the first node to
the other nodes and they are able to startup cleanly.  Is copying
repository/ an expected step or am I missing something?

1 http://pastebin.com/Yc7PSb1n