jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: How to retrieve the node id in AccessManager of a removed node
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 18:29:56 GMT
On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 19:03,  <Sascha.Theves@innovations.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> our permissions are defined in a separate db scheme with its own database tables. In
these tables we reference only the node id of the JCR nodes on which we have defined some
own permissions because that id is unique and is not changed when the node is renamed. When
the user removes a node we want to check the permission tables if the user is allowed to do
so. Therefore we need the uuid of the node that is being deleted to check the permissions
because we have to know what node is deleted.

You should be able to do so _before_ the session is persisted via save
(but I don't know the exact internals of the access control manager
and when it is called for a node removal).

Otherwise I would suggest to store your ACL rules by path and not by
node uuid, just as the principal-based authorization in Jackrabbit
works. This is much more handy for defining rules, for non-existent
nodes for example.

Regards,
Alex

--