jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: ClientNodeTypeManager cannot be cast to JackrabbitNodeTypeManager
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:50:29 GMT
On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 09:12, Thomas Lustig <thomas@futuredesign.at> wrote:
> hi justin,
>
> I thought that "running on the server side" means i run code on the physical
> machine
> that hosts the jackrabbit and there I use an interface like RMI, DavEX.....
> to register my custom
> node types.

No, you'd run in the same JVM as Jackrabbit and use the API directly
without any remoting or RMI.

> AFAIK now I have to modify the jackrabbit code itself to register my new
> node types.
> is this right?
> In which file do I have to insert my code that does the node type
> registration?

No, you don't have to modify jackrabbit code. For example, you would
run your webapp in the same servlet container as Jackrabbit. See the
jackrabbit-webapp distribution or the deployment models 1 and 2:
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/deployment-models.html

Regards,
Alex

--