jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Faceted Search Implementation
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2010 17:01:18 GMT
On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 17:54, Gadbury <gadbury@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi Alexander,
>
> Thank you for your thoughts and feedback.  I really like the neatness of
> your solution.  However, may I play devil's advocate...? :)
>
> What if the facet type and values can be renamed?  Then the reference path
> stored by the content is no longer valid.  I guess I would have to write a
> routine that finds all content referencing the facet path about to change
> and update.  Seems like it could be a bit slow... What if 10000 products are
> affected by a facet rename?

Then introduce a small redirection upon reading the facets: place a
jcr:title on the facet (under /facets/mycategory) to give it a
user-visible name. This one can be changed, while the path stays the
same (but in most cases still gives the developer or admin looking at
the raw content an idea). Whenever you display a product's facets, you
have to look them up under /facets, but reading a few more nodes is no
issue.

Regards,
Alex

--