jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Torgeir Veimo <torg...@netenviron.com>
Subject Re: Issue while re-registering node types
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 13:58:01 GMT
On 17 August 2010 15:39, Alexander Klimetschek <aklimets@day.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 13:10, Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@netenviron.com> wrote:
>> I think the appropriate functionality would be to support 'complex'
>> schema updates through the normal JCR 2.0 mechanism.
>
> Please define "complex". If you think you have cases that could be
> automatically resolved, but are seen as conflicts, you can report them
> (the issue above is one of them).

By complex I mean anything that is not supported by Jackrabbit, ie
"non-trivial". The issue above was reported by me many months ago, but
have received no attention until today.

> If you use the trick with unregistering/registering, for the time
> where the type is not registered, nodes using it will fall back to
> nt:unstructured. That will only be a short time span.

This is very useful information, and I hope it gets documented
somewhere else than on the mailing list.

My gripe is that if you somehow uses a schema, you either have to
resolve to tricks, or change the content. If you have a large
repository, simply changing the primary node type of a lot of nodes is
costly.

--
-Tor