jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: select all nodes not having certain subnodes?
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 10:59:56 GMT
On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 15:15, Will Scheidegger <willscheidegger@mac.com> wrote:
> Thanks. Since I'm on Jackrabbit 1.6 SQL2 is not an option. I guess I'll have to do it
programmatically although this is far less efficient.

Not necessarily. But it might also make sense to create your own index
for this lookup, if speed is important for this operation. You would
then store some time-based node structure (like 2010/08/20, maybe also
including the hours of the day if there are a lot of events) and hang
in the rooms that have a reservation on that day / time span. Then you
just have to scan this "day" node for any matches or non-matches.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek