jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 2.9
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 20:32:10 GMT
On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 6:33 PM, Alexander Klimetschek <aklimets@day.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 16:41, Thomas Kratz <eiswind@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am new to this list and I hope I get some help. I need Jackrabbit to run
>> against Lucene 2.9 as hibernate search depends on it. Do I have such a
>> chance when I do a build from head, is it already running against lucene
>> 2.9.3 ?
>
> No, since 2.0 (afaik), Jackrabbit depends on Lucene 2.4.1. Not sure,
> but I think using a newer Lucene would require quite a few changes in
> Jackrabbit and further testing.

This is correct. Lucene internal index format has also changed, so the
indexes itself aren't backwards compatible.

Long story, but some day we, Jackrabbit, will need to catch up with
lucene to make use of all lately added features and improvements. This
will take however quite some changes, I'll hope to be able to invest
this in a couple of months

> However, Jackrabbit and Hibernate don't (shouldn't) need to use the
> same indexes, so you can run different versions in parallel.

I wouldn't even know how they could :-)

Regards Ard