jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit, JCA, JBoss, EJB and transactions
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 16:32:18 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 6:15 PM, Dominik Klaholt <dokla@mail.upb.de> wrote:
> please don't mind, but I have to bring this up again... I'm still looking
> into this problem. My question now is: When two users have two sessions in
> use concurrently, what exactly happens once one of the users makes a
> Workspace-Write? I guess the session of the other user gets updated somehow,
> correct?

Yes, that's correct.

> Can anyone hint me to the java-class or part of Jackrabbit that is
> responsible for synchronizing the sessions?

The code is in jackrabbit-core, look for SharedItemStateManager [1]
and related classes.

You may also want to take a look at the XATest class [2] for test
cases related to transactions. Can you reproduce your problem in a
test like that?

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/state/SharedItemStateManager.java
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-core/src/test/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/XATest.java

BR,