jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Vishwanath Dubey <vnd...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Fw: Re: Jackrabbit error
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 16:51:30 GMT
Zukka, thanks for your response...

The repository is not accessed from more than one app for as of now,
currently the repository creation  is a singleton behavior and it is in the
same JVM where web app is running.

I could only see that since my app is a web 2.0 based web app (used GWT with
Seam), the repository session is being injected for every ajax call (here I
used EVENT scope for injecting the session) , and since some time it might
be parallel call the repository session injection will also be in parallel.
If there is any synchronization happening inside Jackrabbit (Jackrabbit
code) for creating the session, it might be causing this error.

That is why I expect concurrent read only JCR session which can be shared
across many request. I can created write JCR session only when I need to
write something to the repository...

Let me know your thoughts

Thanks & Regards,

--- On *Tue, 10/8/10, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>* wrote:

From: Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Jackrabbit error
To: "Vishwanath Dubey" <vndube@yahoo.com>
Date: Tuesday, 10 August, 2010, 4:35 PM

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 5:48 PM, Vishwanath Dubey
> I do not know if you can answer it or let me know the site where I can
post the folllowing.

The best forum for Jackrabbit-related questions is the
list. See
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/mailing-lists.html for details on how to
use the list.

> We are currently using Jackrabbit 2.1 for our project. The following error
appears very
> often and in turn we only get option to restart the server, which is
giving serious attention.
> Caused by: com.mmpnc.icm.repository.common.JCRException:
> The repository home /oradata/jboss/jboss-4.2.3.GA/common appears to be
> locked by the current process.

As the exception says, you're trying to start the repository when it's
already running within the same JVM. Do you have another webapp that's
also accessing the same repository? The best approach for such cases
is to have both webapps using the same Repository instance instead of
trying to start separate instances that access the same underlying
repository directory.

> Also let me me know whether following fixes in 2.2 will resolve it
> (concurrent access to JCR session)
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-890

I'm just about to resolve it as fixed. See the issue for more details.

> If yes,  when 2.2 will be globally available or else how we can move

At current pace I believe Jackrabbit 2.2 will be officially released
sometime within the next two months.

Jukka Zitting