jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Issue while re-registering node types
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:46:35 GMT
On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 12:04, Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@netenviron.com> wrote:
> On 17 August 2010 11:43, Davide Maestroni <davide.maestroni@gmail.com> wrote:
>> thanks for the suggestion. That could be a good workaround, though it is
>> quite annoying that a bug in Jackrabbit code makes the  feature of automatic
>> registration of node types in Sling unusable.
>
> Of course fixing this specific problem would be helpful, but it would
> be even better if proper schema reconfiguration was available.

What do you mean by this? Except for this bug, you can update node
types directly, and if they are "conflicting", you can update them by
unregistering/registering them, avoiding the diff check altogether.
Alsoy, JCR 2.0 comes with a Node.setNodeType() method to change the
primary type of a node. Finally JCR is all about unstructured data,
which generally solves the "my schema permanently changes and I have
change the schema in the database/repository" issue. So I completely
fail to see your point...

Regards,
Alex

--