jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: referencing versioned nodes
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 15:06:24 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Fabio Barbon <Fabio.Barbon@exprivia.it> wrote:
> Here is my scenario: two nodes A and B. A.P is a property of type
> reference, holding a reference to B.
>
> Three points in time t0<t1<t2:
>
> at time t0 I check-in A to A', where A'.P = B
>
> at time t1 I check-in B to B'
>
> at time t2 I get A'.P = B'

I'm not sure I understand what's going on here. Do you have a test
case that illustrates this behaviour? Doing a checkin on node B should
not modify node A in any way.

> Is this possible? (I mean natively, without manually updating A'.P
> reference to frozen B UUID)

A reference always points to the current version of a referenceable
node. If you want to refer to a frozen version of such a node, then
you need to set the reference to the jcr:uuid of the frozen node.

BR,

Jukka Zitting