jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: Problems with hyphen in JSR-170 XPath query using jcr:contains
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 08:59:18 GMT
Hello,

You can search the archives (mail from me) for wildcard searching
things related below. There was someone having similar issues. I
explained the wildcard difficulties. Take a look at jcr:like for your
usecases

Regards Ard

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 10:19 AM, Dunstall, Christopher
<cdunstall@csu.edu.au> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having some trouble with an XPath query, where I'm searching for users with hyphens
in their name.

> I'm using:
> jcr:contains(*/*/*,'query')
>
> And it returns some odd results.
>
> I have two users, Sophie-Allen and Sophie-Anne. When I search for 'sophie', I get back
users back. Ok, fine, but if I search for 'sophie-a' (with the hyphen escaped as 'sophie\-a'
as per the JSR-170 Spec) I get zero results returned.  Oddly, if I search for either 'sophie-allen'
or 'sophie-anne' I get the respective user details back fine. Shouldn't I get both users back
when escaping the hyphen? Have I missed something in the spec?

> One other odd thing is the addition of an asterisk (*).  Searching for 'soph' and 'soph*'
return the same result (both users), but if I search for 'sophie-allen*', I get zero results,
unlike when searching for just 'sophie-allen'. Searching for 'sophie-a*' has the same result
as without the asterisk, i.e. nothing.

> The JSR-170 spec doesn't say anything (that I can find) but is the asterisk a wildcard
in the jcr:contains function or does it serve some other purpose?