jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject reference properties across workspaces
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2010 20:40:52 GMT
I'm facing a design choice that I don't feel very qualified to make.
Perhaps it's not so important, but I don't want to overlook any easily
avoided consequences.

I'm building a simple content management system.  I have documents in
folders, etc.  I'm using a second workspace for a "publish" workspace;
when users want certain content to go live, they publish them.  They
are then cloned to the publish workspace.  Folders are handled
similarly.

Until recently, I hadn't thought of moving any other data to the
publish workspace, other than the documents that are published, and
the folders that hold them.  However, my folders have REFERENCE typed
properties that point to configuration type data.  I'm hesitant to
move this data to the publish since it doesn't seem related to the
publish use case.

But if I have a reference property with a value, when I clone the
folder the reference will be invalid.

So . . . any suggestions?  Is it common to have to clone over the
entire depenency of referenced nodes?