jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Issue while re-registering node types
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:43:16 GMT
On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 11:43, Davide Maestroni
<davide.maestroni@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> thanks for the suggestion. That could be a good workaround, though it is
> quite annoying that a bug in Jackrabbit code makes the  feature of automatic
> registration of node types in Sling unusable.
> I tried to understand what's happening inside Jackrabbit and I am quite
> confident now that the issue is related to the way in which defaults in node
> type definition are handled. In particular, it looks like the specific
> problem about child nodes is caused by the Required Primary Node Types
> field: if leaved blank in the types.cnd, the field of the class storing the
> node definition is 'null' in same cases and "nt:base" in others, thus
> generating a false difference detection. This is confirmed by the fact that,
> after changing my types.cnd as below, the issue seems to be gone.
>
> [myns:Album] > myns:BaseType
>  - sling:resourceType (string) = 'myns/album' copy autocreated
>  + images (nt:base) = nt:unstructured version autocreated

Ok, then this should probably be a simple fix, setting/assuming
"nt:base" if empty, either in the jcr-commons cnd reader or in the
jackrabbit-core node type management implementation (might need a
sharp look at the spec if that is possible there).

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek