jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Eder, Johann" <j...@manz.at>
Subject Upgrade to 1.6.2 and Lists are treated differently?
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2010 06:37:36 GMT
Hi there,

First, I would like to say thank you for a great product. We have been using it since 2007
in a production environment (for cms), and publishing content from the repository to static
files for reading.

Mainly because of performance reason (content is growing and growing) we recently tried to
upgrade the web-application from 1.4.5 to 1.6.2.
Two years ago I upgraded from 1.3 to 1.4.5 without any problems. This time it was different.
I change all api and deleted the workspace index. The application started successfully with
one warning because of the DOCTYPE..
I changed this in the repository config file. After restarting any xpath query returned an
unsorted result.
So I investigated and found that lucene had to have an new parameter in the config file: <param
name="respectDocumentOrder" value="true"/>
Afterwards the expected behaviour was seen: the nodes where ordered as under version 1.4.5

This is necessary.

The troubles started when using the application. There was no Exception but the results of
the application where wrong. I realized that Lists are treated differently for example:

    public static int getFootnoteNumber( Node fn, Vector<Node> footnotes) throws Exception
{
        if (!footnotes.contains(fn)) return 0;
        return (footnotes.indexOf(fn)+1);
    }

Where fn is a jcr Node (with uuid, etc.) and footnotes is the result of an xpath query (without
uuid, etc.) like
/biblio/ns:Norm[14]/ns:Komment/ns:Thought/ns:Text/p/fn
/biblio/ns:Norm[14]/ns:Komment/ns:Thought/ns:Text/p/fn[2]

Before version change to 1.6.2 getFootnoteNumber returned the correct footnote number and
afterwards always 0. The indexOf method didn't return anything meaningful too.

The question for me is: is this a Jackrabbit thing or not...
and how to solve it performantly...

Thanks.

Johann