jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From KÖLL Claus <C.KO...@TIROL.GV.AT>
Subject AW: Getting rid of Open-Scoped Locks without LockToken - Timeout?
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2010 06:24:06 GMT
Hi,

see LockManager.lock(NodeImpl node, boolean isDeep, boolean isSessionScoped, long timoutHint,
String ownerInfo)
where you can give a timoutHint.

greets
claus

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Neil Corbet [mailto:ncorbet@towerhillservices.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 27. August 2010 19:34
An: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Getting rid of Open-Scoped Locks without LockToken - Timeout?

Dominik Klaholt <dokla <at> mail.upb.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I just wondered: What can I do if my application breaks in such an
> inconvenient way (e.g. hardware failure, or overlooked bug), that an
> open-scoped lock stays active? It seems, that locks do not time-out - is
> there any way to get rid of locks without having the corresponding
> LockToken? Or will I never be able to acquire write access again?
>
> Thanks
> Dominik

Dominik,
  I asked a similar question in the past to no avail. Looking through
the code, I think it gets the nodes itemID and then does some
extra-magic on it to create the token. I think you could re-create
this code. I think jackrabbit 2.0 makes it a little easier.
But, I am curious what others do about this problem. So, I am
giving this question a little bump with a reply. :)

Neil