jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Lustig <tho...@futuredesign.at>
Subject Registering new Nodetypes - NodeTypeManagerImpl cannot be cast to JackrabbitNodeTypeManager
Date Sun, 15 Aug 2010 12:11:55 GMT
Hi all,

I am using Jackrabbit 2.1 and i want to add additional properties to my
Filenodes nt:file.
For example i would like to store a Reference ID to the corresponding
Database
a new Property like "mynamespace:myreferenceID"

I thought that this would be a standard usecase in Jackrabbit to definde
and use own nodetypes but till now i was not able to get it working.

I used this example directly from Jackrabbit site:
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/node-types.html#NodeTypes-RegisteringNodeTypes

........ snippet ....
JackrabbitNodeTypeManager manager = (JackrabbitNodeTypeManager)
                session.getWorkspace().getNodeTypeManager();
         // Register the custom node types defined in the CND file
         manager.registerNodeTypes(new FileInputStream(cndFileName),
                JackrabbitNodeTypeManager.TEXT_X_JCR_CND);

when i run this, i get the following Error:
java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.nodetype.NodeTypeManagerImpl cannot be
cast to org.apache.jackrabbit.api.JackrabbitNodeTypeManager

Could anyone provide me a working example for registering nodetypes
directly on serverside? This world be really great help.

Thanking you very much in advance for supporting me

best regards
thomas