jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Dominik Klaholt <do...@mail.upb.de>
Subject Re: session.logout throws Exception : Inactive logical session handle called
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 12:50:01 GMT
Hm, as I think about that, a totally new question pops up in my mind:
What credentials do you use for the repsoitory.login()-calls? If I do
not use the very same credentials for every user of my application, then
my log says from time to time:

14:36:07,450 WARN  [JBossManagedConnectionPool] Destroying connection
that could not be successfully matched:

mc=org.apache.jackrabbit.jca.JCAManagedConnection@67946a handles=0
lastUse=1281702967446 permit=false trackByTx=false

And if, at that time, there is only one session in the pool, the
repository is shut down (normal behavior of the
TransientRepository-class used by the Jackrabbit-JCA-Adapter: if there's
no open session, shut-down the repository).
So, is the shared connection pool only really usable, if I use the same
credentials for every user? But then, what about the authorization
features of Jackrabbit? How to use them when connecting via the
JCA-package? Any thoughts anyone?

By the way: Is this the right place to maybe get in contact with
developers of the JCA-package? Or should I try some place else?

Am 13.08.2010 14:14, schrieb jason wang:
> Hi,I understand. Thanks for your detailed explanation.
> Now I tested with the following, seems ok.I set the sessionbindtotransaction flag to
true,then in each method, I will do a session login.But I no longer do the session logout
in the method since it is closed by the associated transaction anyway. Pray no memory leak.
:) thanks a lot.Jason
>> Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 13:08:18 +0200
>> From: dokla@mail.upb.de
>> To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: session.logout throws Exception : Inactive logical session handle called
>> Hi,
>> first: Yes, when a session handle is closed, the underlying connection
>> stays alive and is returned to the pool (I'm not a Jackrabbit developer,
>> but all of my tests show exactly that + there hasn't been any
>> contradiction on this mailing-list yet :)).
>> Second: Good questions and I'm, too, struggling with the answers for my
>> own application. However, what I can say is (again, not a developer, but
>> tests and no contradictions), that you do not have to call
>> session.logout if the bindSessionToTransaction-flag is set to true and
>> all of your methods are executed within a container or bean managed
>> transaction. So no memory leak there (of course, you have to call
>> session.logout if there is no transaction around). And if all of your
>> session bean methods do have a TransactionAttribute of "required" (which
>> is the default), then bindSessionToTransaction = true is basically the
>> same as calling session.login and session.logout in every method.
>> I don't know the best way to take yet, either.
>> Currently I also added the flag<application-managed-security/>  to my
>> jcr-ds.xml so that the sessions in the pool are distinguished by the
>> repository.login-credentials (as far as I know, now user x never uses a
>> session user y has used before). Furthermore I have the
>> bindSessionToTransaction-flag set to true, so theoretically I shouln't
>> have to worry much about handling and logging out the sessions. As you
>> can see in another eMail on this list ("Jackrabbit, JCA, JBoss, EJB and
>> transactions"), I have a problem with that configuration, though.
>> You can find some more configurable flags for your jcr-ds.xml e.g. on
>> [1] (at least those flags seem to work for the JBoss implementation of
>> the JCA).
>> Best regards
>> Dominik
>> [1] http://community.jboss.org/wiki/ConfigJCACommon
>> Am 13.08.2010 07:34, schrieb jason wang:
>>> Hi,Thank you very much for your reply.
>>> So when the session handle is closed, the underlying connection is NOT closed,
because the actual session is returned to the pool, is that right? But what would be the correct
way to manage JackRabbit session in a stateless session bean? For example,
>>> If I set  bindSessionToTransaction-flag to false, then when should I call session.logout()
in order to release resource?
>>> If I set  bindSessionToTransaction-flag to true, and a session is closed when
the transaction commit, does that mean I don't need to invoke the session.logout method? No
memory leak?
>>> Another approach is to call session login, and session logout in every method
of the bean? but  I doubt this is a good design.
>>> Thanks a lot for your help.Jason
session bean which has the following methods:	@PostConstruct	private void initialize(){		try
{			session = repository.login(new SimpleCredentials("username", "password".toCharArray()));
	}catch (LoginException e) {		}catch(RepositoryException e){		}	}		@PreDestroy	private void
cleanup(){		if (session!=null&&    session.isLive()){			session.logout();			session=null;
	}	}		public void addCategory(String absPath, JRCategory jrCategory){
     <tx-connection-factory>       <jndi-name>jcr/local</jndi-name>
   <xa-transaction/>       <rar-name>jackrabbit-jca-2.1.0.rar</rar-name>
  <config-property name="homeDir" type="java.lang.String">D:\repositoryJR</config-property>
      <config-property name="configFile" type="java.lang.String">repository.xml</config-property>
      <config-property name="repositoryURI" type="java.lang.String">jcr-jackrabbit://jackrabbit</config-property>
      <config-property name="bindSessionToTransaction" type="java.lang.Boolean">true</config-property>
    </tx-connection-factory></connection-factories>When the session.logout() is
executed, I got the "Inactive logical session handle called" exception.Is this because the
session is already closed when JTA transaction commits? How should I fix this problem?thanks
a lot.Jason

View raw message