jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Lustig <tho...@futuredesign.at>
Subject Re: Registering new Nodetypes with NodeTypeDefinitionFactory via DavEx (not RMI)
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 09:46:03 GMT
thanks angela for your fast reply.
I only want to register them on the serverside. So for a quick test i
did it via

----------------- my custom_nodetypes.xml in folder
\repository\nodetypes -------------
<nodeTypes xmlns:myns="my-namespace"
           xmlns:nt="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/nt/1.0">

  <nodeType name="myns:javaobject"
            isMixin="true" hasOrderableChildNodes="false" primaryItemName=""
            isAbstract="false">
    <supertypes>
      <supertype>nt:base</supertype>
    </supertypes>

     <propertyDefinition name="myns:hibernateid"
                        requiredType="String"
                        autoCreated="false"
                        mandatory="false"
                        onParentVersion="COPY"
                        protected="false"
                        multiple="false"/>

     <propertyDefinition name="myns:javaclass"
                        requiredType="String"
                        autoCreated="false"
                        mandatory="false"
                        onParentVersion="COPY"
                        protected="false"
                        multiple="false"/>

  </nodeType>
</nodeTypes>
in Java i used it this way:
filenode.addMixin("myns:javaobject");
             filenode.setProperty("myns:javaclass", myclass);
             filenode.setProperty("myns:hibernateid", myuuid);

everthing works fine until i restart the jackrabbit server. After this
my new nodetypes are not
accessible on old nodes, only on new created nodes.
What is done wrong there?
Do i have to do something extra to store my additional nodetypes
permanently to get the data after the reboot of jackrabbit server?

Thanks again in advance for helping me
best regards
thomas