jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Lustig <tho...@futuredesign.at>
Subject Registering new Nodetypes with NodeTypeDefinitionFactory via DavEx (not RMI)
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 09:14:08 GMT
Hi all,

I want to add additional properties to my Filenodes nt:file.
For example i would like to store a Reference ID to the corresponding
Database
a new Property like "mynamespace:myreferenceID"

i tried this direct on the rackrabit server by a file
"repository/nodetypes/custom_nodetypes.xml" but unfortunately after a
restart of the jackrabbit server
this additional property information is lost an only available on new
creation of nodes

thats why i would like to use something like the
JackrabbitNodeTypeManager for registering new nodetypes programmatically
on startup.
I am using DavEx not RMI to communicate with my Jackrabbit 2.1.
Is it possible to register new nodetypes via DavEx on Jackrabbit 2.1?
if not; is there any woraround that the stored nodes do not lost my
cusom property on reboot?

Thanking you very much in advance for helping me

best regards
thomas