jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Cory Prowse <c...@prowse.com>
Subject ACL Order reversed?
Date Sun, 01 Aug 2010 09:28:20 GMT
Hi,

I am attempting to set an ACL on a node which allows the AUTHORS group all privileges, and
denies EVERYONE all privileges, and it seems the order of the entries in the ACL is reversed.

I use the following snippet of code to set the ACL on a node:

// ALLOW authors ALL
jackrabbitAccessControlList.addAccessControlEntry(AUTHORS_GROUP,
        new Privilege[] { acm.privilegeFromName(Privilege.JCR_ALL) });
// DENY everyone ALL
jackrabbitAccessControlList.addEntry(EveryonePrincipal.getInstance(),
        new Privilege[] { acm.privilegeFromName(Privilege.JCR_ALL) }, false);

This does not work, however if these entries are added in reverse order (DENY:everyone first,
followed by ALLOW:authors) then I get the outcome I'm looking for.

I have verified the order is reversed by stepping through the method "ACLProvider.buildResult()".

Is this expected behaviour?

 -- Cory