jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Gadbury <gadb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Faceted Search Implementation
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2010 15:54:44 GMT

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for your thoughts and feedback.  I really like the neatness of
your solution.  However, may I play devil's advocate...? :)

What if the facet type and values can be renamed?  Then the reference path
stored by the content is no longer valid.  I guess I would have to write a
routine that finds all content referencing the facet path about to change
and update.  Seems like it could be a bit slow... What if 10000 products are
affected by a facet rename?

Thanks again for your time and reply.  Kind regards,

James