jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From PatrickConti <patrick.me...@continentale.de>
Subject Re: NoSuchItemStateException after EJBTransactionRolledbackException
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2010 11:51:36 GMT

The problem seems to be that ItemStates that are stored in
InternalXAVersionmanager are not rollbacked until the boolean vmgrLocked is
true.

see Line 624 of InternalXAVersionManager last changed by mreutegg in
Revision 637865
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/version/InternalXAVersionManager.java?view=markup

This variable can only be true after an prepare Call to the XASession (First
Call in 2 Phase Commit) . But our "rollback trigger" occurs before the call
of XASession.prepare.
see Line 654 of InternalXAVersionManager

The changeset
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/version/InternalXAVersionManager.java?r1=637864&r2=637865&
checks logging before commit. I think checking vmgrLocked in rollback case
is wrong.

Does it have any other side-effect if we remove the check of vmgrLocked in
rollback case?
Revision 637865 was for fixing JCR-1480