jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Eric Ford <Eric_S_F...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: How to disable Lucene in Jackrabbit2.0.0?
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 16:20:12 GMT

I have a similar need to disable Lucene indexing, at least for a particular
file/mimetype.  My application generates a Word docx file that is adequate
for Word to open and work with but not for Lucene.  When trying to index my
file Lucene goes into a death spiral in which it consumes all of the heap
memory and requires a server restart.  This is repeated every time the
repository is accessed to display the problem file.  I've tried changing the
mimetype recorded with the file to "application/octet-stream" but,
apparently, Lucene checks the file internals or uses the file extension and
ignores what is set on the node.

If anyone has a recommendation for bypassing the indexing it would be
greatly appreciated.