jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ahmed Elshereay <AElsher...@idc.com>
Subject Full Text Search jackrabbit 2.1.0
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2010 14:47:04 GMT
Hi everyone,

I use jackrabbit 2.1.0, and I'd like to do full text search in nodes that
hold documents (word, pdf.. and so on)
I wrote the following code, and the porblem is that it never returns
result! Although the documents are there and the query string which I
enter does exist in those documents. Don't know what did I miss or did
wrong!
Could it be because I didn't specify values for the columns and orderings?
Actually I don't know what are these!
When I use XPath (which is deprecated) it works fine.

Here is the JQOM code:

        QueryManager queryManager =
session.getWorkspace().getQueryManager();
        QueryObjectModelFactory qomf = queryManager.getQOMFactory();
        ValueFactory vf = session.getValueFactory();

        String selectorName = "fullTextSearchSelector";
        Selector selector = qomf.selector("nt:resource", selectorName);

        Constraint constraint = qomf.fullTextSearch(selectorName,
"jcr:data", qomf.literal(vf
                .createValue("someText")));

        QueryObjectModel queryObjectModel = qomf.createQuery(selector,
constraint, null,
                null);

        QueryResult result = queryObjectModel.execute();
        RowIterator iter = result.getRows();
        System.out.println("size: " + iter.getSize());
        while (iter.hasNext()) {
            Row row = iter.nextRow();
            System.out.println("Row: " + row.toString());
        }

Please, can any one tell me what could be wrong here? And if it's better
ot use SQL, so how?

Thank you in advance.