jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Will Scheidegger <willscheideg...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit 2.1, JQOM and XPATH
Date Sat, 17 Jul 2010 05:52:04 GMT
> On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 19:21, ChadDavis <chadmichaeldavis@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I simply need to know which search interface is the most fully
>> implemented.  I've asked this before, but received no good answer.  I
>> scoured the mail list archives and discovered that this may be a bit
>> of a controversial topic; perhaps people are trying not to speak?
>>
>> It seems that JQOM is not fully implemented, while it seems that XPATH
>> is.

Well, XPath or SQL are not "fully implemented" either as a matter of fact: No case-insensitive
ordering. Even if that would comply to the specs... then I would say that the specs are not
fully specified.
But apparently this should finally work with JQOM I read somewhere. So I guess I'm looking
forward to this although I really started to get a hang of XPath.

Oh well, learn something new every day - otherwise we would get bored now, wouldn't we ;-)

-will