jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Bénigot Yves <yves.beni...@ginerativ.fr>
Subject RE: Is there a way to store JackRabbit documents in two different datastores for one repository and yet index them with Lucene
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 07:51:09 GMT
The options are :

- storing the document twice : a waste of disk space (gigabytes...)
- storing the document's URL (or reference) in JR : but I doubt that Lucene will be able to
index it, otherwise it would be a great idea.

Certainly which piece of software is in charge of the document must be defined clearly. The
SQL BLOB is never updated, but the inserts and deletes should be managed.

You have a point : The document would be created and stored in a table outside of JR, and
I would need to call the JR API to make this BLOB a JR document, but I suspect that there
is no way to insert a new document in JR without creating a copy.

Yves

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Thomas Müller [mailto:thomas.mueller@day.com]
Envoyé : mardi 20 juillet 2010 09:41
À : users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Objet : Re: Is there a way to store JackRabbit documents in two different datastores for
one repository and yet index them with Lucene

Hi,

> Well I have other applications accessing (create,read) the documents in the SQL table,
and I don't want to change them at once, since it is a lot of work to do.

What about storing such documents twice? Or instead of storing the
document in Jackrabbit, just store the location (URL / SQL statement
to retrieve it / ...)?

Either Jackrabbit is in charge of storing the document, or your
application is in charge (unless if you store the document twice). If
Jackrabbit is in charge, and you want to access the document (without
using Jackrabbit) directly in the table, then how do you know which
document it is?

Regards,
Thomas