jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Cech. Ulrich" <Ulrich.C...@aeb.de>
Subject AW: Jackrabbit and WORM
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 09:42:33 GMT
I have problems using JackRabbit with a storage-system, where files could only be added, but
not changed or deleted.
I found out, that in BinaryImpl.class there is created a TransientFileFactory, where the stream
is written in a temporary file and later be deleted. If this deletion fails, I get an exception
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Can not rename c:\temp\cr20fs\repository\datastore\tmp21866.tmp
to c:\temp\cr20fs\repository\datastore\8d\54\82\8d548201d39d7594d182c2a3901fa38dfeebc6b3 (media
read only?)

I tried to set the DataStore parameter "minRecordLength" to a very high value, so that the
stream is handled in memory, but this is limited to the available heap space and so not applicable.

Has anyone some experiences with Jackrabbit and read-only media? Can it be configured, that
only the repository and the versions are written to read-only media, but other files (like
the Lucene index, which could be well configured to some other directory, so that's no problem)
is written to some "normal" storage system?

Many thanks in advance,
Ulrich

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Fabián Mandelbaum [mailto:fmandelbaum@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 20. Mai 2010 23:10
An: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Jackrabbit and WORM

Hello Urlich, Tom,

I think this is easy to test: just chmod -w all files (that is, make
them read-only) on a running *test* repository, and try to perform an
operation that will make modifications to the repo.

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 3:10 AM, Cech. Ulrich <Ulrich.Cech@aeb.de> wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> thanks for your response.
>
> Yes, I think, "every customer has it's own repository" is the way to go. But at a high
number of customers, the solution with "every customer on a separate disk" is not quite possible.

> But I have an additional question: How does Jackrabbit react, of I want to remove a node,
but the file in the file-system cannot be deleted (WORM-like)?

--
Fabián Mandelbaum
IS Engineer