jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit 2.1, JQOM and XPATH
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 17:21:23 GMT
I simply need to know which search interface is the most fully
implemented.  I've asked this before, but received no good answer.  I
scoured the mail list archives and discovered that this may be a bit
of a controversial topic; perhaps people are trying not to speak?

It seems that JQOM is not fully implemented, while it seems that XPATH
is.  If you simply read the specification, you would expect to use
JQOM, or SQL2.  But with a lack of functionality in place, and not
much community using the interfaces, I'm not sure I should use them.
I find myself thinking I should use the deprecated XPATH.  Any advice
would be appreciated . . .

As a corallary point . . . I found an old thread saying that all of
the search interfaces will be converted into JQOM under the hood.
However, I can't see that this can be the case, considering that it's
not fully implemented.  Also, the specification says that everything
is converted to AQM under the hood.  Which is the underlying system,
JQOM or AQM.

Thanks for your help, sorry to raise controversial issues, if I am.