jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit and WORM
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 09:52:09 GMT
Hi,

> written to read-only media

Do you mean written to write-only media? The DataStore implementation
does not support this feature currently, however you could probably
change the FileDataStore to support it. Instead of writing the
temporary file to the datastore directory, it would have to be written
to a different place (the temp directory for example). If you don't
have a temp directory then it's a bit more complicated (binaries would
need to be split into smaller blocks that fit in memory).

Regards,
Thomas

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 11:42 AM, Cech. Ulrich <Ulrich.Cech@aeb.de> wrote:
> I have problems using JackRabbit with a storage-system, where files could only be added,
but not changed or deleted.
> I found out, that in BinaryImpl.class there is created a TransientFileFactory, where
the stream is written in a temporary file and later be deleted. If this deletion fails, I
get an exception
> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Can not rename c:\temp\cr20fs\repository\datastore\tmp21866.tmp
to c:\temp\cr20fs\repository\datastore\8d\54\82\8d548201d39d7594d182c2a3901fa38dfeebc6b3 (media
read only?)

> I tried to set the DataStore parameter "minRecordLength" to a very high value, so that
the stream is handled in memory, but this is limited to the available heap space and so not
applicable.

> Has anyone some experiences with Jackrabbit and read-only media? Can it be configured,
that only the repository and the versions are written to read-only media, but other files
(like the Lucene index, which could be well configured to some other directory, so that's
no problem) is written to some "normal" storage system?

> Many thanks in advance,
> Ulrich

high number of customers, the solution with "every customer on a separate disk" is not quite
possible.

>> But I have an additional question: How does Jackrabbit react, of I want to remove
a node, but the file in the file-system cannot be deleted (WORM-like)?