jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Is there a way to store JackRabbit documents in two different datastores for one repository and yet index them with Lucene
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 19:38:23 GMT
2010/7/19 Bénigot Yves <yves.benigot@ginerativ.fr>:
> I have two categories of documents in one repository :
>
> -      some files are stored by the users, they would go in a file datastore
>
> -      other files are generated, and already stored in an SQL table in a BLOB column
>

> I would like to create a specific DataStore or PersistenceManager to be able to leave
the files stored in the SQL table where they are,

> yet define them as JackRabbit documents, and let Lucene index them
>

> Is it possible to have such a hybrid setup with two different storage seen as one repository
in JackRabbit ?

The only way to do that would be by using two different workspaces for
the two use cases, and have each workspace configured differently. But
that would only apply to the persistence manager, not for the
DataStore, which is a single one for the entire repository.

I agree that such a configuration would be useful. I could imagine
this being per-path, for example, one could say that /var or /tmp
folders (as in Unix file systems) are served by in-memory persistence
managers. However, I think this is quite a big effort, something that
could be considered for Jackrabbit 3. See the dev list:
http://jackrabbit.markmail.org/search/?q=jr3

Regards,
Alex

--