jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Tobias Bocanegra <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: Shareable nodes and access control
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2010 21:01:03 GMT
hi,

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Ard Schrijvers
<a.schrijvers@onehippo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> From the spec jsr-283 I cannot get my head around one thing:
>
> * What is the expected behaviour of modifying child nodes of shared
> nodes, when you are not allowed to read the child nodes of one of the
> shared nodes (because of some access path constraint for example).
i'm not sure how exactly it is implemented currently, but for resource
based access control, i think that only the primary ancestors inherit
the ACLs.
so the ACL of a shared set is the one of the primary node. for user
centric access control, it's of course path based.

regards, toby