jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jawad Bokhari <jawad.bokh...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit Deployment
Date Sat, 17 Jul 2010 09:10:54 GMT
Hi,

I want to setup single Jackrabbit repository that should be accessible from
web for for viewing documents(ready-only) and from a back-end service that
populates the repository(read and write) with documents on scheduled basis.

Both, the web application and the back-end service lies on the same machine.
I am using File-based repository at the moment.
Currently, I can't run both simultaneously. If i start the back-end service,
it applies lock on the repository and the web-app can't access. So, i always
have to stop the back-end service to let web-application show the documents
archived even in just read-only mode.

I know, there is a deployment model based on "Repository Server", but that
would be too complex to setup. Is there any simpler mechanism to achieve my
desired  model?

Many thanks,

Jawad