jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@day.com>
Subject Re: Logging problems under jackrabbit. Errors not logged!
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2010 12:16:13 GMT
On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 7:53 PM, Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado
<gaguilar@aguilardelgado.com> wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> First I want to thank you a lot for your great work.
>
> I'm developing a page manager for jetspeed based on jackrabbit and found
> tricky logging issues.
>
> The program just stops retrieving objects from the repository with no
> logging info. Just "closed session". I debugged it and found that the
> problem was just a missing set property. This way jackrabbit can fill in

your description rather sounds like an error in the client code
than a jackrabbit problem.

could you please share the relevant lines of your code?

> all properties. But... The problem is that I had to debug it to find the
> problem. Even with DEBUG log level nothing was in logs...
>
> As you can see below only one line indicates something was wrong:
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemManager.cacheItem(ItemManager.java:904):
> caching item
> fce1bb6f-7a20-4e5f-8c1c-de5cc13f8983/{http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/j2/1.0}id

there's nothing wrong. this log msg just states (for diagnostic
purposes) that a certain
item had been cached.

you'll probably never have to set the logging level to DEBUG, ERROR or
WARN is usually
sufficient.

cheers
stefan

>
> But what? :D
>
> How can I enable jackrabbit to log this kind of issues?
>
>
> Thank you a lot!
>
>
>
> =============================== LOG ====================================
> INFO
> org.apache.jetspeed.page.psml.JackrabbitPageManager.getPage(JackrabbitPageManager.java:166):
Getting node name test002.psml
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.MLRUItemStateCache.cache(MLRUItemStateCache.java:148):
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.MLRUItemStateCache@961e946 size=1, 1264/4194304
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemManager.cacheItem(ItemManager.java:904):
> caching item fce1bb6f-7a20-4e5f-8c1c-de5cc13f8983
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.objectconverter.impl.SimpleFieldsHelper.retrieveSimpleField(SimpleFieldsHelper.java:184):
retrieveSimpleField: Use default value from property definition for missing mapped property
j2:name of class 'org.apache.jetspeed.om.model.JetspeedPageImpl'
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemManager.cacheItem(ItemManager.java:904):
> caching item
> fce1bb6f-7a20-4e5f-8c1c-de5cc13f8983/{http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/j2/1.0}id
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.impl.ObjectContentManagerImpl.logout(ObjectContentManagerImpl.java:1049):
Logout. Persisting current session changes.
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemManager.cacheItem(ItemManager.java:904):
> caching item cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemManager.itemInvalidated(ItemManager.java:991): invalidated
item fce1bb6f-7a20-4e5f-8c1c-de5cc13f8983
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemManager.evictItem(ItemManager.java:935):
> removing item fce1bb6f-7a20-4e5f-8c1c-de5cc13f8983 from cache
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemManager.itemInvalidated(ItemManager.java:991): invalidated
item fce1bb6f-7a20-4e5f-8c1c-de5cc13f8983/{http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/j2/1.0}id
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemManager.evictItem(ItemManager.java:935):
> removing item
> fce1bb6f-7a20-4e5f-8c1c-de5cc13f8983/{http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/j2/1.0}id
from cache
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemManager.itemInvalidated(ItemManager.java:991): invalidated
item cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemManager.evictItem(ItemManager.java:935):
> removing item cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe from cache
>  INFO
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository.loggedOut(TransientRepository.java:423):
Session closed
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository.stopRepository(TransientRepository.java:288):
Shutting down transient repository
>  INFO
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.doShutdown(RepositoryImpl.java:1139): Shutting
down repository...
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.IndexMerger.dispose(IndexMerger.java:241): dispose
IndexMerger
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.IndexMerger.dispose(IndexMerger.java:252): quit
flag set
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.AbstractIndex.commit(AbstractIndex.java:376):
committing IndexReader.
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.AbstractIndex.commit(AbstractIndex.java:376):
committing IndexReader.
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.IndexHistory.pruneOutdated(IndexHistory.java:133):
Pruning index infos older than: 1278696729263(org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.directory.FSDirectoryManager$FSDir@org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory@/home/gad/workspace-incubator-alpha/jetspeed-2/components/jetspeed-page-manager-jackrabbit/target/testdata/repository/index)
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.IndexHistory.pruneOutdated(IndexHistory.java:138):
Skipping first index infos. generation=6
>  INFO
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex.close(SearchIndex.java:787): Index
closed: ./target/testdata/repository/index
>  INFO org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl
> $WorkspaceInfo.dispose(RepositoryImpl.java:2148): shutting down
> workspace 'default'...
>  INFO
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.observation.ObservationDispatcher.dispose(ObservationDispatcher.java:121):
Notification of EventListeners stopped.
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.IndexMerger.dispose(IndexMerger.java:241): dispose
IndexMerger
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.IndexMerger.dispose(IndexMerger.java:252): quit
flag set
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.AbstractIndex.commit(AbstractIndex.java:376):
committing IndexReader.
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.AbstractIndex.commit(AbstractIndex.java:376):
committing IndexReader.
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.IndexHistory.pruneOutdated(IndexHistory.java:133):
Pruning index infos older than: 1278696729266(org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.directory.FSDirectoryManager$FSDir@org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory@/home/gad/workspace-incubator-alpha/jetspeed-2/components/jetspeed-page-manager-jackrabbit/target/testdata/workspaces/default/index)
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.IndexHistory.pruneOutdated(IndexHistory.java:138):
Skipping first index infos. generation=19
>  INFO
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex.close(SearchIndex.java:787): Index
closed: ./target/testdata/workspaces/default/index
>  INFO
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.util.db.DerbyConnectionHelper.shutDown(DerbyConnectionHelper.java:94):
Database './target/testdata/workspaces/default/db' shutdown.
>  INFO org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl
> $WorkspaceInfo.dispose(RepositoryImpl.java:2154): workspace 'default'
> has been shutdown
>  INFO org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl
> $WorkspaceInfo.dispose(RepositoryImpl.java:2148): shutting down
> workspace 'security'...
>  INFO
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.observation.ObservationDispatcher.dispose(ObservationDispatcher.java:121):
Notification of EventListeners stopped.
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.IndexMerger.dispose(IndexMerger.java:241): dispose
IndexMerger
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.IndexMerger.dispose(IndexMerger.java:252): quit
flag set
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.AbstractIndex.commit(AbstractIndex.java:376):
committing IndexReader.
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.IndexHistory.pruneOutdated(IndexHistory.java:133):
Pruning index infos older than: 1278696729275(org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.directory.FSDirectoryManager$FSDir@org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory@/home/gad/workspace-incubator-alpha/jetspeed-2/components/jetspeed-page-manager-jackrabbit/target/testdata/workspaces/security/index)
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.IndexHistory.pruneOutdated(IndexHistory.java:138):
Skipping first index infos. generation=2
>  INFO
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex.close(SearchIndex.java:787): Index
closed: ./target/testdata/workspaces/security/index
>  INFO
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.util.db.DerbyConnectionHelper.shutDown(DerbyConnectionHelper.java:94):
Database './target/testdata/workspaces/security/db' shutdown.
>  INFO org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl
> $WorkspaceInfo.dispose(RepositoryImpl.java:2154): workspace 'security'
> has been shutdown
>  INFO
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.util.db.DerbyConnectionHelper.shutDown(DerbyConnectionHelper.java:94):
Database './target/testdata/version/db' shutdown.
>  INFO
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.doShutdown(RepositoryImpl.java:1236): Repository
has been shutdown
>  INFO
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository.stopRepository(TransientRepository.java:290):
Transient repository shut down
> DEBUG
> org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.impl.ObjectContentManagerImpl.logout(ObjectContentManagerImpl.java:1052):
Session closed
>
>
>
>
>

Mime
View raw message